Employer: Village Enterprise
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development/Social Entrepreneurship
Function: Technology Solutions
Duration: Two-year commitment with opportunity to extend
Location: Remote, preferably in East Africa or Eastern Time Zone United States
Job Title: Technology Solutions Manager
Position Type: Full time
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Direct Reports: None
Start Date: November 2020
Travel: 25%+ - This role would include travel to field offices in Kenya, Uganda, Sub-Saharan Africa and the United States
About the role:
Village Enterprise is recruiting a Technology Solutions Manager to devise, configure, operate, and maintain networking of cloud based computer systems for our growing organization. This individual will need to possess excellent skills in Salesforce as well as other cloud based systems. In addition to the systems architecture role the individual will act as a leader in our technology partnership development within the United States. The position can work in any of our Village Enterprise offices or be based remotely. In order to be most effective and optimize interfacing with our team it is our suggestion that the person be based in East Africa or the Eastern Time Zone in the United States. The position will include travel to offices in East Africa as well as the United states.
Devise, Configure, Operate, and Maintain Cloud Based Systems (75%)
- With the COO, prioritize, design and support technology systems and processes that lead to increased scale and impact for Village Enterprise. Identify weak points in digital systems architecture and initiate changes that lead to an integrated cloud systems environment that is optimized to scale
- Provide support to Village Enterprise management team by leading systems design projects related to management processes and collaborate with Directors as needed.
- Using Human-Centered design principles, support system design through engaging Village Enterprise staff to address areas of need and adoption of systems.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting and improvement of performance of cloud-based organizational systems
- Conduct regular systems evaluations to ensure cross-system consistency and compliance with best practices/legal requirements
- Provide training and support for Village Enterprise staff to successfully adopt and use systems with specific emphasis on newly introduced processes and technologies
- Support development of technology plan, budget, policies, and procedures for both US and field offices as needed
Play Lead Role in Village Enterprise US Based Technology Partnerships (25%)
- Strategize, develop and nurture relationships within the technology partners, funders and advocates in the United States. Effectively communicate and contribute to the global conversation on Digital Transformation and advocate for the Village Enterprise Graduation program.
- Develop and maintain Technology Partnership Development relationships in the United States with the intent on raising revenue for Village Enterprise
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have the capability of managing high-level organizational decision-making & priorities. This is not just a technical person that implements what they're told, but someone who understands how systems automate business processes, can interrogate those processes and has both visibility and understanding of what drives value for the business.
- Successfully manage strategic technology partnerships in the US, and would be the technology liaison with the west coast contacts
- Have an excellent technical and operational grasp of cloud-based systems with mandatory experience doing design/builds in Salesforce.
- Have the option to work remotely (Eastern Time Zone), with a preference for Harrisonburg, Virginia. This person would be able to work with our Director of Technology Solutions based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in technology administration and management
- 3-5 years’ experience in Salesforce Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Technology Field